Sunday, July 2, 2017

Sleep training update

Ok! So last night was good! She slept most of the night and I gave her two dream feeds. One at 2:30 and one at 5:30 and I also changed her diaper at the 5:30 feed and put her in her crib awake and she slept until 8:45 this morning!! Naps were just eh. She slept 45 min the first nap then cried most of the second nap. I think she slept like 30 min. So we put her in the swing for her 3rd nap and she slept for an hour and 15 min. So tonights routine went like this:

Night 3

Bed 7:30
1st check 7:35
2nd 7:45
Asleep by 7:50!!

This is just super encouraging to me! She cried just for like 15 min! I feel like we are on to something here! I know that the crying is super hard but we have been very consistent and she's doing fine. Today was a lot easier and I think the next couple of days it will continue to improve. Even though I did this with Isaac I really hoped that we wouldn't have to sleep train Gracelyn or I hoped we could do a no cry method. It freaking sucks like really really bad. And there are so many opinions on letting your baby cry and how it goes against your instincts and all that. But I can honestly say that getting no sleep was not only bad for me and for her but it wasn't fair to Isaac either. I felt like I was so impatient with him. I think getting more sleep will make me a better mom and make us all happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment