Thursday, December 1, 2016

Friends.

We've been living in our new house in a new city for a little over a year and a half now. I have made one friend that I hang out with consistently for play dates as we have kids that are kinda close in age. So that's been great and if I didn't have that I would probably be really sad. But that being said I'm still missing that feeling of having a girl friend here. I have amazing friends that I talk to pretty much every day but they don't live close by and I see them every couple of months. I'm grateful for them. I just wish I had someone I could go hang out with here and have dinner. Or invite over to the house to watch TV with me or just sit on the couch and talk. I'm starting to realize that's kind of a tall order. Especially when you make friends that have kids. I know it would be hard for me to go over to someones house and even harder once the new baby is here.

Lately, Justin has been busy with after work functions and socializing with people from work and I just don't have that. My whole life is kids, Justin, and taking care of the house. I love it and I'm happy to do that but I don't have anything that's just mine anymore. And that makes me kind of sad. When you're in this place its hard to see a way to change it. Making friends is no easy task especially when you aren't working and its more challenging to meet people. I need to figure out a way to get myself in more social situations where I have an opportunity to meet people. Easier said than done.

No comments:

Post a Comment