Monday, October 3, 2016

Whole 30 update.

I started Whole 30 last Monday. I did fantastic all week until I got to Saturday. We had a family day and went to a pumpkin patch/farm. I surprisingly didn't eat anything there even though they had a bunch of pumpkin flavored things. After we went to Bluebonnet cafe and they are sort of like a little diner and known for pie. It was a mistake. I had an omelette and hash browns which wasn't so bad but then I ate a biscuit and split a slice of pie. OK, so I could have eaten a whole slice but bless it was sweet! And I regretted it. It wasn't even that amazing. So I've basically had to start over with it. I also had pain on my right side after that meal that didn't stop for 24 hours. I think it was the biscuit and gluten. I'm not sure. I'll have to introduce gluten slowly and see how my system reacts and know if I am sensitive to it or not. Its so hard to not feel deprived when you are going into the holiday season and pumpkin everything is everywhere. I'm going to try my hardest to do better. As far as life after whole 30 I think I will try to maintain a similar lifestyle with a little wiggle room. Like having some cheese here and there if my body tolerates it. And maybe indulging in some of the paleofied breads and what not.

No comments:

Post a Comment