Thursday, February 11, 2016

Insecurities

Lately I've been so annoying, haha. I've been insecure about my mothering. Like, Do I let Isaac watch too much TV? Am I feeding him too much crappy food instead of the healthy stuff? Why doesn't he nap more? Should I let him cry or am I going to make him a terrible person by not rocking him to sleep? I could go on and on. I think the thing that gets me the most insecure is seeing my friends on Facebook "like" or post an article that criticizes something I've done. Or it could be comparing my mothering to pictures on Instagram. I've really been missing that time period where we didn't have social media. Does that make me old? I don't know if I'm being too sensitive or not. I also hate the fact that I sometimes lose my cool/patience at the end of the day when I'm ready to be off the mom clock. Is that even possible though? Nope. I do think that most of the time I cherish our time and I try to capture every moment with him. For instance, I have made some changes. I've decided to leave my phone in my room on the days its just us 2 at home so I don't feel tempted to look at social media. I can tell Isaac gets annoyed when I look at my phone and he looks up and I'm not paying attention to him. How sad is that? He'll usually come over and put his hand on my phone or lay his head on me. He's the sweetest little thing and definitely deserves my attention.

I have to remind myself that no one is perfect and that all mom's have their moments despite their perfectly portrayed life on IG or FB. And that comparison is truly the thief of joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment