Wednesday, October 21, 2015

A day in the life.

I thought I would do a blog on what a typical day looks like for me.

6:30-7am - Isaac wakes up. Every once in awhile he will lay queitly in the crib for a bit and I can slowly make my way in there but lately he's been soaking through his diaper and gets cold so I have to be more speedy!

7:30 - I'm usually changing out of my night time pjs to my daytime pjs, haha. I literally wear a v-neck everyday and athletic shorts or yoga pants. If I'm feeling fancy aka going out in public I'll wear denim shorts and a real bra vs. sports bra. I'm so fancy.

8:00 - Its breakfast time. Sometimes I have a batch of waffles in the fridge or we will eat some cereal. And I'm drinking a giant mug of coffee. And we watch Mickey or Daniel Tiger.

8:30/9ish - We usually go outside and play for a bit. We used to go out because it was cooler but lately we've had to wait for the sun to come up and warm it up a bit. I dont have any pants or long sleeves for Isaac yet. And it eventually gets up to the high 80's or low 90's so it doesnt make sense to put him in that.

9:45 - It depends on the day but a lot of times Isaac starts to get tired. Especially if he wakes up early due to wet sheets. So we will go in his room and play for a bit and read some books before I put him down.

11:00 - Isaac wakes up and wants to eat some lunch. After lunch we run errands or go to the mall to get some energy out.

12:00-2:00 - I am usually running errands or trying to do chores around the house. And Isaac gets a snack.

3:00- If I'm lucky Isaac takes a 2nd nap. Sometimes this happens and sometimes this doesnt.

4:00-5:00 - I feel like this time of day is really hard. I've started running out of things to do to occupy Isaac so we go out in the back yard a lot or I'll put on a tv show so I can start thinking about dinner. Isaac usually wants another snack.

5:00 - By this time I'm really ready for Justin to get home and he tries to be home by 5 or 5:30 and he will take Isaac on a walk or go to the park to have "guy time". He likes to have his alone time with Isaac and it allows me some quiet to catch up with a friend and make dinner.

6:00 - This is dinner time. Sometimes we eat earlier when Isaac acts like he's about to starve to death.

6:30/7:00 - This is bath time and we start settling down for the night with books and songs.

7:30/7:45 - Is what we aim for bedtime. Sometimes its before and sometimes its after. It all depends on his last nap. But he's really easy and will lay down in his crib and put him self to sleep. It's fantastic!

The rest of the night we usually clean up and we will go outside or watch tv/read. And thats about it! Thats a normal day in my life when I'm at home and not working.


No comments:

Post a Comment