Saturday, June 20, 2015

Desensitized.

My life is pretty good right now. I don't really have any complaints. However across America there is pain and suffering and attacks going on. It has become normal for me to wake up to sad news of people being hateful towards other Americans in this country. I have almost just gotten used to it, desensitized. It doesn't surprise me anymore. And that is what makes me sad. On one hand I can't fathom how another person could hate someone so much just for being different (ie color, gender, sexual preference) than them. I don't feel that way and it doesn't make sense to me. But its getting to the point where I just move on about my business during the day and I don't really think about the tragedy. What is wrong with me? What is wrong with my America? Why are people still feeling threatened by people that are different from them to the point that they want to kill them? When you wake up to bad news so often its starts to lose its shock value. I think we are too complacent and think that this is far away and doesn't really affect me. But guess what? It does. This is the world we will raise our children in and we have to stop this.

It scares me to think about what my son will have to witness.

No comments:

Post a Comment