Thursday, May 14, 2015

Hope for the hopeless.

I want to start a ministry. Or join one. I want to help the homeless. I want to make some care packages to leave in my car and pass out when I see them. I'm not sure how I'm going to get started. I might just try to help out with a church ministry that is already doing this. I might just start by getting some food like granola bars together and some hygiene products like toothbrushes and toothpaste. I'd also like to get a little card that is pocket sized with maybe a bible verse on it. Anyway, that's all I have so far. I gave out some money to someone today and I was reminded that Jesus would have hugged these homeless people and loved on them. Normally I judge them and think that the only reason they are there is because they are an addict or don't want to have a normal job. The problem is it doesn't matter why they are standing on that corner holding that sign. Jesus loves them and so should I. I've really felt lately that its important for me to go and make disciples. This terrifies me. I don't feel comfortable enough with my bible and when people ask me those hard questions I'm scared I wont have the answers for them. I'm comfortable not knowing all of the answers for myself and relying on my faith. But I know that other people might not be happy with that.

I just hope that I can follow through with this thought and actually make a difference in someones life.

No comments:

Post a Comment