Wednesday, May 20, 2015

12 months.

One year ago today I was in the hospital watching a marathon of Flip or Flop on HGTV waiting until it was time to start pushing. I remember joking around and feeling really good for the most part. I was excited. Finally after a few hours of pushing and one C-section later I heard my baby boy cry for the first time. And then I started crying and I remember the nurse asking me if they were happy tears. Of course they were.

Isaac, this first year of your life has been the happiest of mine. The moment I found out I was pregnant changed me forever. Being your mom is what I feel I was born to do. Your toothy grin will light up a room. I can't count how many times complete strangers have come up to compliment you to me. If its not you're reddish hair (still not sure where that came from) then its your laugh or just adorable expressions. My hope for you is that you will love people around you and treat them kindly. That God will use you for his Glory. This parenting thing isn't always easy but your Dad and I are doing our best. Here are some of the things you can do today.
- Say Mama
- Walk assisted with a walker or holding our hands
- Clap
- Eat whatever you want
- One of your favorite toys is to play with the real remote to the TV. Not the old one that I want you to play with.
- You love to play chase
- You have 4 teeth on top and 2 on the bottom. With 2 more coming in on the bottom.
- We are no longer breastfeeding and you seem fine with it
- We are about to be done with bottles very soon.
- You love to drink Mama's kale smoothie
- You love books much to my delight.
- You have started swimming lessons

These are just a few things. I will try to cherish every moment with you and take nothing for granted.

I love you with all of my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment