Sunday, January 4, 2015

Seasons.

Everyone has seasons in their life. I'm not talking about Spring and Summer. I mean time periods. The type of season I'm experiencing currently is with my relationship with God. I have seasons where I feel his presence in everything I do and where I feel so close to him. I'm not feeling that right now. Its my own fault because I haven't given him my time. I don't have a specific time carved out where he gets my undivided attention. He never gets my undivided attention.

I don't exactly do New Years resolutions but its always my goal to have a deeper and more faithful relationship with God. The problem is I don't always remember. I can use the excuse that I'm a busy mama and that Isaac needs my attention but I'm a better mom to him when I'm tight with God. The fact that I don't remember to pray or read my bible is really sad. I claim to be a Christian and love him but there are days when I don't even think about him. To type that makes me really sad. Especially because one of the things that I do pray for when I remember to pray is that Isaac will have a relationship with him and love him with all of his heart. How can he do that when God isn't the center of my life. Isaac will learn from watching Justin and I and its up to us to show him.

A lot of times our relationships with God grows from brokenness. Maybe I need to be broken. Right now it just seems like we keep getting blessing after blessing. Everything is really good. Does that mean there is some kind of tragedy in my near future? I don't know. It scares me and to be honest I hope that there isn't something looming ahead of me. But maybe its what I need.

I just started reading She Reads Truth. I've done the Jesus Calling devotional but I'm ready for something different. I'm excited about starting something new.

 I'm hoping by getting all of these thoughts out of my head that it will help keep me accountable.

No comments:

Post a Comment