Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Being present.

Today I decided to make more of an effort to be more present. It bothers me how attached I am to technology and honestly how much TV I watch. I've been rationalizing it by telling myself its just background noise but I shouldn't be using that as an excuse. I don't really let Isaac watch it but if its on while he's in his jumper or in his high chair he will watch a little of it.

Not only have I read that TV is bad for children under 2 because it can cause ADHD and a whole list of other things but its important to me that Isaac has a vivid imagination and learns how to play by himself.

So I've decided that when he's awake and downstairs that I'll put it on the music channels and I'll only watch it while he's taking naps. I think this will be good for both of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment