Friday, October 10, 2014

Sleep training.

I love my little boy so so much. So much that I haven't slept since he was born it seems like. I will do anything to get him to sleep. Consequently I have done him a disservice because now he doesn't have the tools to fall asleep on his own. He does not know how to go to sleep unless I help him. So the many times during the night when he wakes up and he's no longer in my arms and in his crib he gets scared and doesn't know how he got there or how to go back to sleep. That's changing tonight. I have been debating on whether or not he is too young for sleep training but I think its more damaging for him to not be getting enough sleep for weeks and months now. We'll be going with the Ferber method. I'll be putting him in the crib awake (not drowsy) and he'll basically cry it out. I wont be ignoring him. I'll go and check on him at intervals. We'll start with 3 min the first check, then 5 and 10. Then every 10 min till he is asleep. We will do this everytime he wakes up during the night. Then the 2nd night we'll move the intervals to 5, 10 and 15 min. I've heard it can take 3-7 days for the baby to be able to fall asleep from completely awake on their own without crying. It's going to be really hard to let him cry! I've spoiled him and he knows that if he cries I'll be there in seconds.

On another note he ate avocado yesterday and loved it!

Hopefully I'll be writing a success story the next time I'm on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment