Monday, June 30, 2014

Motivation.

I'm feeling some motivation to tighten up this post-baby body. I don't hate the way I look because my body gave me the best gift I could ever imagine. My body grew a human for 9 months and went threw unimaginable changes. I'm left with many stretch marks, things pooch where they didn't used to and I have no muscle. I'm not trying to get my body to look like it did before I had Isaac I just want to tighten and tone it up.
 I posted about having issues with sugar cravings not long ago and this week I'm going to try and reign that in a little. Justin and I have decided to go back to paleo/clean diet. I cant be completely grain free because grains help me keep up my milk supply since I'm breastfeeding. That is the tricky part. I cant "diet" necessarily because I have to maintain a certain amount of calories to keep my supply. I'm no good at counting calories and I'm really not interested in that. I'm just going to try and make better choices when it comes to food. The thing with breastfeeding is that you are hungry ALL of the time. Seriously. I'm waaaaay more hungry now than I was when I was pregnant. I'm just going to listen to my body and when I feel hungry I'll eat.
I'm starting to ease myself back into exercising. When I was recovering from my C-section I couldn't use my ab muscles at all. Now that I'm healed (hopefully) and I'm not in pain I've been engaging my core and ab muscles more. Its amazing how little muscle there is. Or I guess I could say how soft those muscles are. Until I see the doctor I'm not doing actual core exercises but I've been doing squats and trying to do some arm exercises. It makes me feel better. I don't have a lot of time to do these things so I just squeeze them in when I can. It feels really good to have a plan and I'm hoping I can stick to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment