Wednesday, May 7, 2014


We had our growth scan today. This was to determine how big our little man is. Turns out he's 9lbs. I am 37 weeks 2 days. This is very large for his gestational age. With that also needs to be said that the ultrasound could be a pound off either way. He could be closer to 8 or 10 lbs. I'm pretty sure he's not 10lbs. I think I would be ready to pop if he was. He definitely wouldn't be able to wiggle around like he still can. Unfortunately I didn't have the best experience with the specialist where I had the scan done. She implied that a C-section would be my only option and doubted that I would be able to have him vaginally. Just sort of rubbed me the wrong way. I'm determined to at least try and have him vaginally. I don't want to schedule a C-section and never even try. I understand that sometimes C-sections are necessary and if it turns out to be medically necessary and I am unable to push him out then of course I will go that route. In the morning I will see my normal OB and we will hopefully discuss options and get her opinion. I trust her more because she actually knows me and has been with me throughout the entire process unlike the specialist.

I'm really hoping that I go into labor on my own and that I don't have to be induced at all. I cannot wait to see if I have dilated anymore since last Tuesday. I've been trying to do things like walking, squatting, eating pineapple, etc. to help induce labor naturally! So we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment