Sunday, July 7, 2013

Praising him in the struggles

This morning in Church our pastor told a story that really spoke to me. It was about how his brother got a call one day and the person on the other line told him that his wife had been in a fatal car accident. First, he was in shock then denial. Then 20 minutes later he was on the phone with his kids telling them their mother had died. He was so angry God and didn't want to have anything to do with him. How can God do this to people? Then someone from his church told him to go home and pray and then give thanks to God. Thank him? I've never been in this situation but I can imagine that when something devastating like this happens it would be very hard for me to be thankful. This man went home and prayed and thanked God and that is how his healing began.

I will praise the Lord at all times.
    I will constantly speak his praises.
 I will boast only in the Lord;
    let all who are helpless take heart.
 Come, let us tell of the Lord’s greatness;
    let us exalt his name together.
Psalm 34: 1-3

When you're in the middle of a trial or struggle and feeling nothing but despair its easy to pray for it to be over but it is much harder to thank God for the situation. I hope this message sticks with me and I remember it for future times.

No comments:

Post a Comment